Miley speaks for us all.
the face omg
Yeah, because Miley Cyrus should be throwing stones. Not that I don’t agree that was a superb diss.
Eh. It’s Justin “Anne Frank would’ve been a Bieliber” Bieber. After that one, Miley’s going to have to work pretty hard to be a worse mess than that little asshole.
I like Miley Cyrus a lot and always have. Her public persona has always been one of confidence, empowerment, facing your fears and following your passions. Her music may not be everyone’s cup of tea (I’m a pop music fan and I think she has a cool voice but YMMV), but since she was a wee teenager, she’s written consistently positive songs about how it’s okay to be flawed and be scared or worried that you’re not good enough and that it doesn’t make you less of a person to fail to live up to other people’s ideals.
Generally speaking, she’s articulate, outspoken, funny, and largely unconcerned with the media’s creepy micro-criticism of her style, her body and her decision-making. I think that is a valuable message to send to young girls.
She is also passionate about LGBT rights, to the extent that she got a tattoo in support of marriage equality last year and rallies her fans to not support companies that donate to anti-gay lobbyists.
Soooo I kinda do think she can afford to throw a stone or two. :)
- society: oh you have your period? well you have two options.
- woman: okay.
- society: you can use sanitary pads, which make you feel like you are wearing a diaper, and have the added fun benefit of being extremely uncomfortable and give you the extreme paranoia that they will not be enough coverage and at any moment with any movement or sudden sneeze you'll bleed over onto your clothes and walk around all day with blood stained trousers while everyone points and laughs at you.
- woman: sounds awful. what's my second option.
- society: a penis shaped wad of cotton that you shove uncomfortably inside yourself and it catches the blood before it leaves your body.
- woman: still seems pretty awful.
- society: wait! it gets better! there's the outside chance that using those will kill you!
- woman: well, are they at least free? like how men can have access to free condoms? i mean, it's not like i'm choosing for this to happen.
- society: HAHAHA! that's funny. no, you have to pay for them. and they're really fucking expensive.
- society: oh, and if you tell anyone that you ARE on your period, your judgement, opinions, and reactions are going to be dismissed as the crazy ramblings of a lunatic.
- woman: i think i'll go with my third option.
- society: what third option?
- woman: i think i'll bleed on everything you love.